You are free to work on any problem related to this sub-theme. We have provided an explanation below to give you some starter problem statements.
Supply chain is the process of transporting a commercial product from its point of origin to its end customers.
It is a network of people, organizations, resources, activities, and technology involved in delivering a product to a client.
Warehousing is a crucial component of a supply chain since newly manufactured items are carried from there to the user’s doorstep.
Types of Warehouses:
- Manufacturing Warehouse – this is where the product is manufactured
- Storage Warehouse – this is where the manufactured/procured items are stored
- Distribution Warehouse – this is the location from where the stored goods are distributed
- Stores – these are the last-mile retail stores situated closer to a customer’s location
- From suppliers and manufacturing plants to storage warehouses
- Storage to distribution centers
- Distribution centers to stores
- Stores to homes
- Reverse logistics - this is meant to get the items back to the warehouse in case there is an issue with them
Yard Management Applications:
- This application manages movement of all trailers inside Walmart warehouses and store premises
Trailer Management System:
- This application is used to manage all the trailers carrying Walmart goods between distribution centers, fulfillment centers, and stores
- Provide smart solutions for Walmart to optimize its supply chain and enhance the visibility of products across the supply chain